Communications Coordinator (6-month term)
This opportunity is now closed and we are no longer accepting applications. Please look for our current employment opportunities on our employment page.
Location: Elmsdale, NS
Reporting to our Communications Officer, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the communications and marketing initiatives of the Municipality, including content development, social media management, graphic design, and supporting a wide range of communication services.
• University Degree in communications, public relations, marketing or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• 2 years related experience in communications or marketing
• Excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to effectively advise and support the writing efforts of others
• Experience creating content using different writing styles for various purposes and for varied media
• Demonstrated experience developing effective online content and campaigns to support business goals.
• Understanding of online trends, behaviour, and the needs of online audiences is essential
• Excellent organizational, research, and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
• Self-starter with excellent interpersonal, public speaking and customer service skills with the demonstrated ability to exercise tact, leadership, good judgement and diplomacy
• Strong relationship building skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with different types of internal and external stakeholders
• Proficiency in social media management and online advertising
• Strong graphic design skills and knowledge of design software
• Experience coordinating and/or leading special events considered an asset
• Experience with website management/Wordpress considered an asset
Annual Salary: $49,939-$62,423
Deadline to apply: December 18, 2021
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 883-6216.