Civil Engineering Technologist
This opportunity is now closed and we are no longer accepting applications. Please look for our current employment opportunities on our employment page.
Location: Elmsdale, NS
The Municipality of East Hants offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, diverse career opportunities, modern facilities, an innovative, continuous improvement culture, and a focus on work-life balance.
We are looking for a full-time Civil Engineering Technologist to join our Infrastructure & Operations team.
The Civil Engineering Technologist is responsible for maintaining contracts relating to streetlights, sidewalks, municipal roads, storm drainage and transportation signage; assisting with engineering designs to improve drainage and transportation issues; and inspecting the installation of sidewalks, roads, road access and new subdivisions to ensure work is being completed within specifications and budgetary guidelines. This position also manages street light requests and acts as the deputy traffic authority for the Municipality.
- Two (2) year certificate or diploma from a recognized Community College in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Five (5) + years of experience in a related field with an engineering or surveying background, experience in a municipal environment would be an asset
- Considerable knowledge of municipal engineering principles, practices and methods
- Strong project management skills related to managing engineering projects
- Budgeting and contract administration experience would be an asset
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite; SAP and AutoCAD experience would be an asset
- Comfortable using computer databases and drawing packages
- The incumbent must have a valid class V driver’s license
The salary will commensurate with your qualifications and experience.