Civil Engineering Technician
Location: Elmsdale, NS
Are you looking for a new opportunity where you can be part of building the future in a growing community? If you are, East Hants is the place to be!
The Municipality of East Hants is an employer of choice offering diverse career growth, modern facilities, a fun and innovative continuous improvement culture, and a Flexible Work policy to promote work-life balance. The main Municipal office is located at the Lloyd E. Matheson Centre in Elmsdale, NS.
Our team is growing and we are recruiting for a Civil Engineering Technician to join our team. Reporting to the Supervisor of Roads Operations, the Civil Engineering Technician is part of the team that is responsible for the maintenance and condition of Municipal Roads, Sidewalks, and Streetlights.
• Service Contract Administration: administer the service contract for snow clearing, construction & excavation services, and the installation of streetlights.
• Customer Service: Support and coordinate the investigation and resolution of service outage reports from the public.
• Asset Management: validate new assets, and ensure asset information is current and updated.
• Safety: to be a safety champion and ensure activities are completed according to recognized safety best practices.
• Two (2) year certificate or diploma from a recognized Community College in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
• Related field with an engineering or surveying background, municipal experience preferred.
• Skilled communicator possessing keen interpersonal skills.
• Budgeting and contract administration an asset.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Experience working with Financial software (i.e. SAP) and Computer Assisted Drafting (CAD) an asset.
• Comfortable using computer databases or drawing package.
• Knowledge of municipal engineering principles, practices and methods.
• Strong project support skills.
• Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle required.
Salary Range: $53,746 - $67,183 /annually
Open until filled
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 883-6216.