Civil Engineering Technician
Location: Elmsdale, NS
Reporting to the Manager of Roads and Engineering, the Civil Engineering Technician is responsible for maintaining contracts relating to streetlights, sidewalks, municipal roads, storm drainage and road signage, and assisting with scoping projects in field repairs and ongoing improvements. This position inspects and witnesses the installation of sidewalks, roads, road access, and new subdivisions to ensure work is being done to specifications, and coordinates street light installation and repair requests.
• Two (2) year certificate or diploma from a recognized Community College in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
• At least five (5) years’ experience in a related field with an engineering or surveying background, preferably in a municipal environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, contractors, and the public.
• Budgeting and contract administration experience.
• Considerable knowledge of municipal engineering principles, practices and methods.
• Strong project support skills in order to coordinate projects
• Comfortable using computer databases or drawing packages
• Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite; SAP is an asset; Autocad is an asset.
• This position qualifies for overtime pay; some overtime may be required in order to deal with deadlines and emergency situations.
• Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
• Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle as needed (mileage paid).
Salary Range: $53,238 - $66,546 per annum
Deadline to apply: June 2, 2022
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 883-6203.