Casual Recreation Program Attendant
Location: Various locations within East Hants, NS
As part of our Pitch-A-program initiative, The Municipality of East Hants is seeking applications for program instructors to provide a diverse range of recreation opportunities within the community. The Municipality of East Hants is an employer of choice offering diverse career growth, modern facilities, a fun and innovative continuous improvement culture with a strong focus on work-life balance.
We are looking for energetic casual Recreation Program Attendants to join our team.
Responsibilities: The Recreation Program Attendant is a reliable, enthusiastic, organized self-starter who provides support, supervision and may be required to lead recreation-based programming during drop-in activities. Responsible for set up and take down of required program equipment and ensuring program areas are tidy and free of barriers in promoting a safe and inclusive environment. Recreation Program Attendants are also responsible to sign in participants, report program numbers as well as other administrative tasks required to support the program.
• Experience leading and planning recreation programs preferred
• Experience working with or volunteering with all ages, (children, youth and adults) in a recreation setting preferred
• Strong organizational, communication, problem solving and conflict management skills required
• Current Emergency First Aid/CPR, or willingness to obtain an asset
• Clean and current child abuse registry and criminal record checks required
Programs will be offered in schools and community halls in various locations across the Municipality. Please indicate location(s) of interest in application.
Hours: 6-15 hours p/week
Hourly rate: $14.10/hour
Review of applications will commence November 1, 2022.
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 883-6216.