Bylaw Enforcement Officer
This opportunity is now closed and we are no longer accepting applications. Please look for our current employment opportunities on our employment page.
Location: Elmsdale, NS
The Bylaw Enforcement Officer is responsible for providing investigative and enforcement services for a number of regulations including dangerous and unsightly premises, land use bylaw violations and community standards. The Bylaw Enforcement Officer will also support the Emergency Management Coordinator on various activities related to the East Hants Emergency Management Organization (EMO).
• Must be eligible for appointment as a Special Constable
• Certificate/Diploma in Law & Security or related combination of education and experience
• Three (3) years related experience, preferably in a municipal environment
• Strong relationship building skills and an understanding of working with the public and community members is essential
• Strong conflict management skills with excellent oral and written communication skills
• Basic knowledge of bylaw enforcement, conducting investigations, report writing
• Ability to manage case files independently
• Previous experience in emergency management an asset
• Valid Class V driver’s license is required
If you require an accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or (902) 883-6203.
The Municipality offers a competitive benefit package and the salary range for this position is $45,000 to $56,000.