Bylaw Enforcement & Dog Control Officer
The Municipality of East Hants is a vibrant, flourishing community in a uniquely central location in Nova Scotia and in close proximity to Halifax Regional Municipality, Truro and the Bay of Fundy.
Applications are currently being received from a responsible and professional self-starter with strong interpersonal skills for the full time position of Bylaw Enforcement & Dog Control Officer.
Reporting directly to the Manager of Development Services, Department of Planning and Development, the Bylaw Enforcement & Dog Control Officer is responsible for the administration and enforcement of the Municipality’s Dog Bylaw, as well as providing investigative and enforcement services for a number of other municipal bylaws. This position also provides support services to other departments when required.
A complete job description is available at: https://www.easthants.ca/government/jobs-east-hants/
- must be eligible for appointment as a Special Constable
- grade twelve (12) education with a one (1) year Certificate/Diploma in Law & Security or related field
- a minimum of three (3) years related experience, preferably in a municipal environment
- have a basic knowledge of bylaw enforcement and conducting investigations
- have the ability to work with little supervision
- possess strong conflict management skills with excellent oral and written communication skills
- have the ability to use various computer applications
- a valid Class 5 driver’s license is required
An equivalent combination of education and experience will be given consideration.
The Municipality offers a competitive benefit package and the salary range for this position is $41,628 – 52,035.
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter and resume on or before May 23, 2018 to:
Sherry MacPhail, Human Resources
Municipality of East Hants
15 Commerce Court, Elmsdale, NS B2S 3K5
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.