Business Development Officer
Location: Elmsdale, NS
The Municipality of East Hants is a vibrant, flourishing community in a uniquely central location in Nova Scotia and in close proximity to Halifax Regional Municipality, Truro and the Bay of Fundy.
We are recruiting for a Business Development Officer to join our Economic and Business Development team. The Business Development Officer is responsible for business retention and attraction, business park development and management, client and prospect relationships, local and external business engagement, and communications and development.
- Post-Secondary Education in a field related to Economic and Business Development or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience with a background in business, industrial / commercial development, real estate sales, and/or economic development
- Working knowledge of Municipal government including municipal and provincial regulations with regard to business attraction and retention
- Knowledge in project management, financial management and business planning
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with the business community and other partners
The Municipality offers a competitive benefit package and the salary range for this position is $52,658 to $65,822.