Building Maintenance Technician
Location: Elmsdale, NS
We are recruiting for a Building Maintenance Technician to join our team.
Reporting to the Manager of Recreation and Aquatics, the Building Maintenance Technician is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of various Municipal buildings and properties. The primary function is the maintenance of the East Hants Aquatic Centre, including systems and chemical levels.
• Aquatic Centre Maintenance: Water balancing and pool maintenance, mechanical and preventative maintenance, assess and manage building repairs, de-humidification unit monitoring and servicing
• Other Municipal Buildings and property maintenance: Carry out minor repairs and maintenance, monitoring of heat and ventilation related systems, coordinate outside contractors, coordinate property maintenance
• Administrative duties: Maintain daily log sheets for pool chemistry testing and daily/weekly/monthly building inspection checklists as well as preventative maintenance record keeping
• Inventory: Manage inventory of tools, chemicals, reagents and other necessary supplies required for effective and efficient operations of the aquatic centre and other buildings
• Safety Management: Maintain MSDS/SDS as applicable, develop and maintain updated Safe Work Procedures (SWPs) and hazard assessments for Building Maintenance work tasks
• On Call – Prepared to be on call after hours for unanticipated maintenance and/or security requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent plus one (1) year certificate in a related field such as mechanical, facilities management, building systems or electronics
• Minimum one (1) year experience in a related field such as mechanical, landscaping, electrical or construction
• Relevant technical experience in building maintenance, heating, ventilations or air conditioning (HVAC)
• Pool Operator’s Certificate (May consider applicants with expired CPO who are willing to take course within next 6 months)
• Current OH&S courses such as WHMIS, First Aid, Confined Space Entry and Fall Protection are an asset
• Must be able to obtain RCMP security clearance
• Valid Class 5 Nova Scotia Driver's license; Must provide a current driver's abstract
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be given consideration
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 883-6203
The Municipality offers a competitive benefit package and the salary range for this position is $45,942 to $57,427.