Building Inspector (Level I and Level II)
This opportunity is now closed and we are no longer accepting applications. Please look for our current employment opportunities on our employment page.
Location: Elmsdale, NS
The Municipality of East Hants is a vibrant, flourishing community in a uniquely central location in Nova Scotia and in close proximity to Halifax Regional Municipality, Truro and the Bay of Fundy.
Applications are currently being received from a responsible and professional self-starter with strong conflict management skills for the position of Building Inspector.
This position is responsible for:
- Reporting directly to the Manager of Development Services this position is responsible for conducting inspections on new and existing buildings to ensure they are constructed and maintained according to the Nova Scotia Building Code as well as the National Plumbing Code (Fire & Health and barrier free design)
- This position also assists with the administration of various bylaws and responds to bylaw enforcement issues or complaints under the MGA, building code and other municipal bylaws
- Grade 12 education plus a certificate or diploma in construction or a building field
- 2 years technical school training or equivalent along with an application approved by the NSBOA Membership Committee
- Minimum qualifications of being a qualified Building Official Level I and/or II. If a qualified candidate is not identified, this position may be filled by a candidate with a minimum of five years’ experience in the construction industry and who is currently undergoing training through NSBOA to become a fully qualified Building Official
- Must have a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and related databases
- Must be bondable and have a valid Class V driver’s license
The Municipality offers a competitive benefit package and the salary range for this position is $56,605 to $70,757.