Building and Grounds Lead Hand
Location: Elmsdale, NS
We are looking for a full-time Building and Grounds Lead Hand to join our Parks, Recreation and Culture team.
The Building and Grounds Lead Hand will be responsible for scheduling of grounds maintenance crews, maintenance of various Municipal buildings and properties, and inspection of Municipal playgrounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent; certificate in related field such as turf management, mechanical, facilities management, building systems or electronics
- One (1) year of experience in a related field such as landscaping, electrical or construction; technical experience in building maintenance, heating, ventilation or air conditioning (HVAC) would be an asset
- Canadian Certified Playground Inspector or willing to complete course; Pool Operator’s Certificate or willing to complete course; OH&S courses such as WHMIS, First Aid, Confined Space Entry and Fall Protection would be an asset
- Experience in supervising and leading a team
- Must be mechanically inclined and able to operate small equipment such as a lawn mower and power saw
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. and work outside under extreme weather conditions
- Class V driver’s license
- This position is subject to criminal records checks
The salary will commensurate with your qualifications and experience.