Location: Elmsdale, NS
Reporting to the Manager of Accounting, the Billing Coordinator is responsible for supporting tax and water billing, accounts receivables, customer service, and reception functions in the Finance Department. This role is also responsible for the supervision of the Administrative Services Clerk and the Utility/Accounts Receivable Clerk.
• Supervision: Supervision, training, and assisting with the setting of key goals and targets for direct reports.
• Billing Administration: Oversight of water billing practices, reporting, posting adjustments, data management. Provide assistance and back-up for billing related functions in the department.
• Internal Accounting: Assist with budgeting, monthly, and year-end duties relating to billing. Maintenance of databases. Support SAP testing, including annual upgrades.
• Customer Service: Oversee scheduling of front desk coverage and manage general customer service issues. Ensure customers have a positive experience, and make recommendations on process improvements to Manager of Accounting.
• Bachelor's Degree in Commerce/Business with a specialization in Accounting
• Preference will be given to those who have taken some accounting courses in pursuit of a professional designation
• Two (2) years of experience leading a team of accounting administrative professionals
• A minimum of two (2) years related experience
• Strong technical skills including advanced fluency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with accounting systems, SAP an asset
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 883-6203.
The Municipality offers a competitive benefit package and the salary range for this position is $48,842 to $61,051.