Location: Elmsdale, NS
The Municipality of East Hants is accepting applications for the position of Asset Coordinator.
Under the direction of the Manager, Real Estate and Corporate Projects, the Asset Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and supporting the corporate asset management program. This includes participating in the development and implementation of a framework, development of processes and tools, supporting departments in the collection and tracking of asset data, coordination of asset condition assessments, implementation of lifecycle analysis, and coordinating the ongoing management of the program.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, Engineering, or a related field
• Preference given to candidates with a Certificate or Diploma in Asset Management
• Minimum 3 (three) years in asset or portfolio management or a related field
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be given consideration
• Exercises tact and diplomacy, strong relationship-building skills, able to build trust with internal and external stakeholders
• Strong project management skills with the ability to operate within tight timelines and budgets
• Thorough understanding of the principles and application of asset management concepts and practices specific to the municipal environment
• Understanding of municipal infrastructure, engineering, operations, municipal finance, and risk management
• Ability to manage large datasets, perform statistical and spatial analysis, employ critical thinking towards developing innovative solutions
• Ability to effectively communicate and explain complex issues to a variety of audiences
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including writing or presenting reports
• Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills to meet the challenges of a varied and busy work environment
• Experience working with asset management related technology an asset
• Ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel at an advanced level. Familiarity with SAP and PowerPoint an asset
For a complete job description and information on how to apply, please visit easthants.ca/employment
Salary Range: $59,075-$73,844
Deadline to apply: July 2, 2021
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human
Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 883-6203.