This opportunity is now closed and we are no longer accepting applications. Please look for our current employment opportunities on our employment page.
Location: Elmsdale, NS
The Municipality of East Hants is a vibrant, flourishing community in a uniquely central location in Nova Scotia and in close proximity to Halifax Regional Municipality, Truro and the Bay of Fundy.
The Municipality of East Hants offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, diverse career opportunities, modern facilities, an innovative, continuous improvement culture, and a focus on work-life balance.
With some internal movements in our Aquatics team, we are now recruiting for a full-time Aquatics Leader who will be joining our team at an exciting time. The successful candidate will be part of the team that transitions to our new aquatic centre, scheduled to open in the fall of 2019. The new aquatic centre will include a six-lane, 25-metre lap pool, leisure pool with spray features and ramp access, lazy river resistance moving-water pool, waterslide, climbing wall in the pool, outdoor splash park, multi-purpose room, and many more modern features.
This position is responsible for:
- Responsible for the day-to-day delivery of pool services including teaching, mentoring and providing support to on-deck aquatics staff, and supporting the design and delivery of our Aquatics programming.
- A minimum of 2 years post-secondary education.
- 2 years related experience.
- Current certification in NL, Standard First Aid, Swim For Life Instructor and Water Safety Instructor required or willing to renew.
- Preference will be given to candidates with supervisory experience and/or additional courses in LSI Instructor/Examiner and NL Instructor.
The Municipality offers a competitive benefit package and the salary range for this position is $38,977 to $48,721.