This opportunity is now closed and we are no longer accepting applications. Please look for our current employment opportunities on our employment page.
Location: Elmsdale, NS
East Hants is a vibrant, flourishing community centrally located in Nova Scotia and in close proximity to the Halifax Regional Municipality, Truro and the Bay of Fundy.
We are currently recruiting for an Aquatics Coordinator for our newly constructed Aquatics Center. This position is responsible for assisting the manager of recreation and aquatics with the overall operation of the municipal aquatics facility including training, supervising and scheduling aquatics staff, ensuring OH&S compliance and conducting routine facility checks and maintaining various records on rental bookings, staff training and equipment/supply inventories. This position also provides public relations and other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Completion of a university degree in a related field.
• Minimum of 3 years related experience including 1-year experience in a supervisory role.
• Current certification in Lifeguarding and Swimming Instructor and Instructor status for one or more advanced Aquatic courses including First Aid and Aquafit.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will be given consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation/facilitation skills.
• Must have good conflict management skills and the ability to deal with upset customers.
• Must be a self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills.
• This position is subject to child abuse registry and criminal records checks.
• Willing to continue with ongoing leadership and aquatics training
• 35 hours per week, including days, evenings and weekends.
• This position qualifies for overtime pay.
• This position works in an aquatic’s environment.
Salary Range: $48,842 - $61,051
Deadline to apply: October 10, 2021
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 883-6216.