Location: Elmsdale, NS
The Municipality of East Hants is a vibrant, flourishing community centrally located in Nova Scotia and in close proximity to Halifax Regional Municipality, Truro and the Bay of Fundy.
Applications are currently being received from customer-focused team players with strong communication skills for the full-time position of Administrative Assistant. This position reports directly to the Assistant Municipal Clerk.
This position is responsible for:
- Providing administrative, organizational, financial and other support services to the Department of Economic & Business Development; and
- Providing support to all other departments of the Municipality, including back-up reception service.
- Completion of a community college level certificate in an administrative support discipline.
- A minimum of 1 year related experience in an office environment, preferably government.
- Ability to use MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint at an advanced level.
- Demonstrated excellent writing and editing skills, as well as the capacity to work under pressure with deadlines and multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to show individual leadership in their work, contribute to a positive service oriented corporate culture and work cooperatively with others.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be given consideration.
The Municipality offers a competitive benefit package and the salary range for this position is $35,918 to $44,898.