Accounts Payable/Accounting Administrator
This opportunity is now closed and we are no longer accepting applications. Please look for our current employment opportunities on our employment page.
Location: Elmsdale, NS
Are you looking for a new opportunity where you can be part of building the future in a growing community? If you are, East Hants is the place to be!
The Municipality of East Hants is an employer of choice offering diverse career growth, modern facilities, a fun and innovative continuous improvement culture, and a Flexible Work policy to promote work-life balance. The main Municipal office is located at the Lloyd E. Matheson Centre in Elmsdale, NS.
We are recruiting for an Accounts Payable/Accounting Administrator to join our team. Reporting to the Manager of Finance, the Accounts Payable/Accounting Administrator is responsible for recording and processing vendor invoices for payment and generating timely payments, managing vendor relationships, and assisting the finance team with accounting and budget-related activities.
• Accounts Payable: Process vendor invoices for payment, prepare cheques and electronic payments, respond to vendor inquiries, investigate and resolve payment issues, and ensure vendors are in compliance with WCB and Registry of Joint Stocks.
• Internal Accounting: Assist with budgeting and year-end processes including document preparation, SAP downloads, budget analysis, financial analysis such as internal audits, and
• External Accounting: Assist with funding claim preparation and data collection for regulatory returns for external entities.
• Other: Special projects related to financial analysis or other accounting duties.
• Completion of a two (2) year community college level certification or diploma in business administration with a focus on accounting. Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Business Administration degree considered an asset.
• Minimum two (2) years accounting-related experience.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be given consideration.
• Ability to use Microsoft Outlook, MS Word, and MS Excel at an advanced level; Familiarity with SAP or related database systems considered an asset.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
• Strong customer service and relationship-building skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills to meet the challenges of a busy work environment.
Salary Range: $47,657 - $59,572 /annually
Deadline to apply: May 22, 2023
If you require an accommodation to assist in the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 883-6203.