Emergency Management Operations
Each year the Municipality of East Hants offers a grant to organizations that support the Municipality’s Emergency Management Operations, such as grants to fund the purchase or upgrading of generators for community facilities, a grant to the Special Hazards Response Unit, and a grant to Ground Search and Rescue.
To be eligible for a grant under this policy you must be a Fire Department registered with the Municipality of East Hants and registered under the Societies Act of Nova Scotia, or a Community Hall or similar facility registered under the Societies Act of Nova Scotia. Eligible projects are wiring for capacity to be hooked up to a generator, acquisition of a generator of a suitable size to offer basic services to the facilities, and funding for major repairs to generators. Funding from the Municipality requires a written request accompanied by a cost estimate of the work required.
All requests for funding should be made in advance, where possible, of any work being started or any expenses being incurred and must include:
- A copy of the emergency response plan or a written commitment to develop a plan in cooperation with the Emergency Measures Coordinator.
- List of key contacts for the organization.
- Financial statement for last fiscal year.
- Budget for the current fiscal year.
- Budget for the work to be undertaken and/or the equipment to be acquired along with quotations.
View the complete policy (pdf)