Regular Meeting of Council – Sep 29 2021
Regular Meeting of Council — Wednesday, September 29, 2021
(The meeting will be held in Council Chambers, livestreamed and recorded)
7:00 PMCall to Order
Moment of Silent Contemplation
Approval of or Amendments to the Agenda
Approval of the Minutes of July 20, 2021 Council (Policy) and July 28, 2021 Regular Meeting of Council
Election of Deputy Warden – term ending October 2022
(Election of the Deputy Warden will proceed in the same manner as the Warden per the Council Procedural Policy)
Correspondence for Information
Correspondence for Info
- (88) Covid 19 Open House & Public Hearing Update
- (84) Letter to the Province regarding Oath of Office amendments per Council motion C21(245)
- (73) National Veterans’ Week Speakers Program 2021
- (68) Letter of Support from the All-Terrain Vehicle Association of Nova Scotia (ATVANS) in support of the municipality acquiring the former DAR line.
- (67) Councillors are invited to participate in an art installation for Nocturne 2021 on October 13-16 by submitting a letter to the project.
- (43) FAQ – Covid 19 – Proof of Vaccination Policy – September 14, 2021
- (40) Library Reopening Roadmap – Phase 5 plan
- (39) 2021 NSFM Nominations Committee now accepting nominations for President and Vice-President.
- (38) FAQ – Covid 19 – Travel and Phase 5 updates
- (36) NSFM Special Notice to Members: Interim Resolutions Report
- (35) IEG Stakeholder Communique for September 3, 2021
- (34) Nova Scotia Department of Health and Wellness Memo re: Nova Scotia COVID-19 definitions of fully immunized, optimal protection and contraindications
- (33) Thank you from the Accessibility Directorate in response to the submission of the East Hants Accessibility Plan.
- (31) NSFM invites municipalities to apply for its 8th annual Climate Change Leaders Award. Deadline is September 10th.
- (30) East Hants Plan Update – Public Open Houses – Information Flyer
- (29) East Hants Plan Update – Public Open Houses – Information Flyer
- (18) Email from Emma Oakley re: thank you – 2021 Dr. Snow Bursary – August 2021
- (15) Letter to Council from Bob Bona Re: Growth of East Hants – August 2021
- (12) Addition to Reserve Lands (Sipekne’katik) response letter.
- (10) Letter from Julie Towers, Deputy Minister of Environment and Climate Change regarding an extension of the consultation period for the proposed Coastal Protection Act Regulations.
- (7) Notice from the province that Kali Lane lands cannot be conveyed to the municipality.
- (6) Letter to Mike Dolter, President of the Association of Municipal Administrators Nova Scotia from the Deputy Minister, Environment and Climate Change regarding an update on the public consultation period for the Coastal Protection Act Regulations.
- (5) Expressions of Interest Ad – Police Advisory Board – Closes August 13, 2021
- (4) Email from Shubenacadie resident Sam Webber regarding the Community Plan Update and the opportunity to provide feedback.
- (3) Letter to the East Hants Curling Association regarding invite to present to Council Committee at the September 21 meeting and to update the Curling Association on the transition of ownership and new operating model for the East Hants Sportsplex.
- (2) Letter from Alan Ruffman, President of Geomarine Associates Ltd. regarding Lion’s Club Memorial Park, Milford
- Correspondence for Info
Correspondence for Decision
Correspondence for Decision
- (83) Letter from Malcolm Noble, Chair – East Hants Fire Service Association regarding the request for a review of the Financial Guidelines for Volunteer Fire Departments be undertaken by staff of the Municipality and that three members of the Fire Chief group be consulted on the draft changes prior to finalizing the document.
- (71) Covid 19 Open House and Public Hearing Update Memo – Staff anticipate the need for possibly three Public Hearings in October. Council is asked to consider how they wish to host the hearings based on updated public health regulations. The Open Houses can proceed as described in the attached memo.
- (66) Council is asked to select their delegation for the virtual NSFM Fall Conference to be held November 3-4, 2021. Early bird deadline is October 14th.
- (23) Letter to Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board (NSUARB) Re: new 4″ meter base rate.
- (11) Request from the Mount Uniacke Volunteer Fire Department seeking funding towards the revitalization of their outdoor rink behind the fire hall. Also attached is a letter from the Municipality confirming funding availability pending Council approval.
- (1) Letter from Edward Kainola regarding concerns around the CNR line in Enfield (Dealt with at Executive Committee and a recommendation is coming forward to Council at the September 29th Regular Meeting of Council).
- Correspondence for Decision
Motions Going Forward to Council
- (76) Motions Going Forward to Council – September 29, 2021
Corporate & Residential Services Committee: Councillor Perry, Vice-Chairperson
- (77) CRS – Corporate & Residential Services Committee Report to Council – September 29, 2021
Parks, Recreation & Culture Committee: Councillor Rhyno, Chairperson
- (78) PRC – Parks, Recreation & Culture Committee Report to Council – September 29, 2021
Planning Advisory Committee: Councillor Greene, Chairperson
- (79) PAC – Planning Advisory Committee Report to Council – September 29, 2021
Police Advisory Committee: Councillor Rhyno, Chairperson
- (80) PA – Police Advisory Committee Report to Council – September 29, 2021
Nominating Committee (verbal): Warden Roulston, Chairperson
Business from Councillors
(In Camera) Bi-annual CAO Priority Session: CAO
Set Date & Time of Next Council Meetings: October 19th, 2021 Regular Meeting of Council (Policy) and October 27th, 2021 Regular Meeting of Council