Regular Meeting of Council – Sep 28 2022
Regular Meeting of Council — Wednesday, September 28, 2022
(Meeting to be held in Council Chambers, recorded and livestreamed – excluding in camera items)
7:00 PMCall to Order
Moment of Silent Contemplation
Approval of or Amendments to the Agenda
Approval of Minutes of the July 19, 2022 Council (Policy) Meeting and the July 27, 2022 Regular Meeting of Council
Correspondence for Information
Correspondence for Info
- (97) Letter to the Province regarding amendments to the MGA to enable municipalities to collect open space contributions for multiple unit developments where no subdivision of lands is taking place.
- (96) Email exchange between Harold MacNeil, President of East Hants Curling Association and Councillor Walter Tingley regarding curling ice time availability.
- (94) Letter from Nadine Singer from Holistic Doula Services regarding the right to birth
- (89) Letter to Chief & Council of Sipekne’katik regarding the flying of the Grand Council flag and the Every Child Matters flag at the Lloyd E. Matheson Centre and expressing interest in a joint Council meeting in the future.
- (87) Letter from CN enclosing the CN in Your Community 2022 report
- (86) Disaster Financial Assistance for Hurricane Fiona Damage Information
- (73) Community Health Board Accomplishment Report received from NS Health
- (68) Letter from Warden Roulston to the Province regarding the changes to C&D Debris Management Regulations
- (65) Letter from County of Annapolis to Request Moratorium on Aerial Herbicide Spraying
- (46) Email from Nova Scotia Department of Municipal Affairs and Housing regarding the Province Designating September 19 a Provincial Holiday
- (44) Notice from the Joint Regional Transportation Agency regarding the release of an RFP and preliminary study area that is set out in the RFP.
- (43) Grand Opening – Hants North Food Bank – October 2, 2022 1-3 pm
- (39) East Hants Community Learning Association and Community Rider news update – September 2022
- (34) Letter of thanks for sponsorship of the 257th Hants County Exhibition. The Schedule of events can be found at http://hantscountyex.com/
- (33) Letter to Campground Owners advising them of the presentation of the campground bylaw at the September 20th PAC meeting.
- (30) Thank you card from Emma Whyte, HERH’s 2022 Dr. Snow Bursary Recipient
- (26) Public Information Meeting (September 6) – PLN22-005: East Uniacke Road, Mount Uniacke & PLN22-006: East Uniacke Road, Mount Uniacke
- (24) FCM Statement on RCMP retroactive pay costs
- (23) Request from Stacey MacPhee Re: Sewer Hookup, 49 Highway 14, Milford – a resolution appears to have been found for this request.
- (21) Introduction letter to Council from the Breaking Barriers Together Association
- (20) Email from Warden Roulston to MP Blois regarding Retroactive RCMP costs
- (19) Active Communities Fund Approval Letter – The Department of Communities, Culture, Tourism and Heritage will invest $25,000.00 toward purchasing and installation of an accessible piece of playground equipment (Shubie River Park) to encourage unstructured play for all.
- (18) Email from NSFM regarding 28-day Notice of Proposed By-law Changes
- (17) $2,400 Non-Repayable E-Commerce Grant for Nova Scotia Businesses (Canada Digital Adoption Program)
- (16) Letter from the Minister of Communities, Culture, Tourism and Heritage regarding the 2022 ParticipAction Challenge
- (15) Letter from the Minister of Environment & Climate Change regarding the Coastal Protection Act Regulations and the study completed in the Municipality of East Hants.
- (11) East Hants Community Rider thanks the Municipality of East Hants for funding support.
- (9) News Release – upcoming events from Shubenacadie Canal Commission’s Transitions Project including an event at Fundy Tidal on August 24th.
- (7) Letter to Mayors & Wardens regarding PVSC Municipal Consultations
- (6) Property Valuation Services Corporation’s (PVSC) Annual Report for 2021-2022
- (5) Correspondence from President & CEO of Nova Scotia Gaming regarding the 2021-22 Summary of Results.
- (3) Budget Over-Runs and Budget Reallocation Reports – July 2022
- (1) Final letter sent to the Minister of Environment & Climate Change Re: Changes to Construction & Demolition Debris Management Regulations.
- Correspondence for Info
Correspondence for Decision
Correspondence for Decision
- (90) Letter from the COAT Association requesting an Operating Grant
- (84) Selection of a date for a Workshop for Councillors regarding the former Elmsdale and Lantz School sites. Suggesting October 11th, or 27th. Can also consider November dates at the discretion of Council (however; November 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 10th and 17th are not possible for staff to facilitate)
- (41) Appointment of Development Officer – L. Martin
- (40) NSFM Fall Conference – November 1-4, 2022. Council to select their delegation at the Council meeting on September 28, 2022. Budget for the Warden, CAO (or delegate) and 3 members of Council. Early bird registration ends October 9, 2022
- Correspondence for Decision
Motions Going Forward to Council
- (74) Motions Going Forward to Council – September 2022
7:30 PMPublic Hearing – Scott Blois’ Application for Redesignation and Rezoning – Elmsdale
- (75) Public Hearing – Scott Blois’ Application for Redesignation and Rezoning
Corporate & Residential Services Committee: Councillor Michael Perry, Chairperson
- (76) Corporate & Residential Services Committee Report
Planning Advisory Committee: Councillor Moussa, Vice-Chairperson
- (71) Planning Advisory Committee Report
Police Advisory Committee: Councillor Rhyno, Chairperson
- (77) Police Advisory Committee Report
Nominating Committee (verbal report): Warden Roulston, Chairperson
Business from Councillors
(In Camera) Land Issue Update: J. Hulsman
(In Camera) Legal Issue Update: J. Hulsman
(In Camera) Personnel Matters: K. Ramsay
Set Date & Time of Next Council Meetings: October 18, 2022 Regular Meeting of Council (Policy) and October 26, 2022 Regular Meeting of Council