Regular Meeting of Council – Oct 27 2021
Regular Meeting of Council — Wednesday, October 27, 2021
(Meeting to be held in Council Chambers, livestreamed and recorded)
7:00 PMCall to Order
Moment of Silent Contemplation
Approval of or Amendments to the Agenda
Approval of Minutes of September 1, 2021 Special Meeting of Council, September 21, 2021 Regular Meeting of Council (Policy) and September 29, 2021 Regular Meeting of Council
Correspondence for Information
Correspondence for Info
- (61) Nova Scotia Utility & Review Board Order M10288 Re: Request to add a 4-inch compound meter to the existing base charges for the East Hants Water Utility.
- (60) Copy of a letter from John A. MacDonald, MLA to Canada Post regarding concerns with address changes in the Noel area.
- (59) Update on Motion C21(282) regarding CN Train Whistle patterns – change request process.
- (50) News Release – The Province Takes Action to Increase Housing, Protect Tenants
- (45) Letter from NS Municipal Affairs and Housing advising that the province is unable to provide funding support for the application under the Flood Risk Infrastructure Investment Program (FRIIP) for the McKenzie Court Cross Culvert Replacement Project. Applications exceeded the funding availability.
- (44) Letter from the Honourable John A. Lohr, Minister of Municipal Affairs & Housing advising the Municipality will receive $15,000 toward the Elmsdale Village Core Detailed Concept Design and Report project under the Beautification and Streetscaping Program (BSP).
- (41) Thank you note from Serenity Lodge for the Municipality’s Annual Shredding Event
- (40) Thank You Letter from the Board of Directors and Committee Members of the Hants County Exhibition (2021)
- (39) Invitation to participate in the Nocturne Project “Message in a Bottle – 15 Ships to Sierra Leone”
- (22) Dexter Construction – Proposed Lantz Quarry Expansion Project – Open House Invite
- (19) Letter to Canadian National (CN) Railway Company regarding request to alter the pattern or duration of the train whistle in Enfield.
- (16) Letter to John Lohr, Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing regarding mandatory zoning.
- (15) NS Department of Public Works – Surplus Land Notification – Road Reserve at Richard Street, Elmsdale, Hants County
- (14) Correspondence from the Honourable John A. Lohr, Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing regarding East Hants’ request for funding under the Flood Risk Infrastructure Investment Program for the Fundy Shoreline Vulnerability Study.
- (12) Colchester East Hants Public Library 2020-2021 Annual Report
- (8) Letter to the Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board (NSUARB) Re: East Hants Water Utility – 4-inch meter
- (7) Covid 19 – FAQ Updates – Proof of Vaccination Policy and Phase 5
- (1) Updated Covid 19 – FAQ’s – Vaccination Policy, Vaccine Mandate, Phase 5
- Correspondence for Info
Correspondence for Decision
Correspondence for Decision
- (56) Former Clarksville School/Community Hall – Update
- (43) Appointment of Jason Wiles as Building Official.
- (42) Request from Alistair Dow regarding use of Private Ways Act.
- (38) Correspondence from Dave Hooper on behalf of residents in the Pinehill Drive, Beech Street and Lorna court subdivision in Elmsdale regarding stormwater issues; briefing note, background, and recommendations for improvements.
- (20) Offer from the Mass Casualty Commission to make a presentation at a future meeting (Executive/Police Advisory). More information on the Commission can be found here: https://masscasualtycommission.ca/
- (10) Email from Greg Rouke-Deal seeking a change to the speed limit in the area identified on the attached map in Mount Uniacke. The local MLA and RCMP have been made aware of the speeding concerns.
- Correspondence for Decision
7:30 PMPublic Hearing – Dr. David Sheehy Application – Shubenacadie & all High Risk Floodplain (HF) Zoned Properties
- (55) Public Hearing – Dr. David Sheehy Application – October 27, 2021
Motions Going Forward to Council
- (51) Motions Going Forward to Council – October 2021
Planning Advisory Committee: Councillor Greene, Chairperson
- (48) PAC Committee Report – October 2021
Infrastructure & Operations Committee: Councillor Moussa, Chairperson
- (47) I&O Committee Report – October 2021
Parks, Recreation & Culture Committee: Councillor Rhyno, Chairperson
- (65) Mandatory Proof of Vaccination Policies for Council’s consideration at the Regular Meeting of Council held October 27, 2021
- (49) PRC Committee Report – October 2021
Business from Councillors
Set Date & Time of Next Council Meetings: November 16th, 2021 Regular Meeting of Council (Policy) and November 24th, 2021 Regular Meeting of Council