Regular Meeting of Council – Nov 24 2021
Regular Meeting of Council — Wednesday, November 24, 2021
(The meeting will be held in Council Chambers, livestreamed and recorded)
7:00 PMCall to Order
Moment of Silent Contemplation
Approval of or Amendments to the Agenda
Approval of Minutes of October 19, 2021 Regular Meeting of Council (Policy) and October 27, 2021 Regular Meeting of Council
Declaration of election results by Returning Officer
- (51) Declaration of Results – Special Election – District 7 – November 6, 2021
Oath of Office administered to Councillor
- (52) District 7 Lantz/Milford – Councillor’s Oath of Office to be administered during the Oath of Office ceremony at the Council Meeting on November 24, 2021. (Oath to be sworn or affirmed).
– Councillor stands to affirm their Oath of Office
Signing of Code of Conduct
- (53) Council Code of Conduct – Swearing in of new Councillor for District 7 Lantz/Milford – Oath of Office Ceremony – Council meeting – November 24, 2021
– Councillor signs the East Hants Elected Officials Code of Conduct
Correspondence for Information
Correspondence for Info
- (68) Information regarding an Additional Officer East Hants RCMP
- (67) FY 2021/22 Forecast Update (Nov) – Housing Nova Scotia
- (58) Site Plan Information Sheet – 485 Highway 2, Enfield. The appeal period begins on November 19th and ends on December 3rd.
- (49) Letter to the Honourable Kim Masland, Minister of NS Public Works regarding the Windsor Hantsport Railway Company.
- (46) Chignecto Central Regional Centre for Education 2021-22 Budget & 2020-21 Financial Statements
- (43) Letter to Hants East MLA regarding motion C21(318) for a Crosswalk in Enfield (Hwy 2)
- (40) Email from Hayley Crichton, A/Executive Director, Public Safety and Security Division, Nova Scotia Department of Justice regarding New Collective Agreement for RCMP Non-Commissioned Regular Members and Reservists
- (26) Letter to Public Works and copy of the Lantz Fire Letter in support of ongoing drainage concerns. This completes Motion C21(221).
- (23) Response from Public Works regarding crosswalk request for the intersection of Bayberry Drive and Trunk Highway 2 in Milford.
- (18) Site Plan Approval Information Sheet – 428 Highway 2, Enfield. The appeal period begins on November 16th and ends on November 30th.
- (15) Letter from NSHA regarding vaccination requirement for those working in NSH facilities after November 30
- (10) Letter from Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing in response to Council’s September 29, 2021 letter regarding municipal Oath of Office.
- (8) Letter from Minister Johns, Minister of Justice regarding additional RCMP resources in East Hants
- (4) The Mass Casualty Commission will be holding two more community open houses. One will be held at the Milford Recreation Centre on Tuesday, November 9th from 4:30 pm – 6:30 p.m. Go to their website for more info. https://masscasualtycommission.ca/updates/community-notice-additional-public-open-houses-november-2-2021/
- (2) Update on the Wickwire Station Park crop management.
- Correspondence for Info
Correspondence for Decision
Correspondence for Decision
- (66) Draft Letter to Minister John Lohr, Minister of Municipal Affairs & Housing regarding mandatory zoning extension request as requested by the Warden to be discussed at the Council meeting tonight.
- (65) Infrastructure & Operations – Solar Feasibility Study Funding
- (64) Infrastructure & Operations – Water Meter Purchase
- (59) DRAFT Letter of Support for Proposed Red Spruce Wind Energy Project – Council is asked to consider approving this letter of support.
- (48) Email from Reg and Alana Croft requesting a review of the Land Use Bylaw that allows roosters to be kept in residential subdivisions.
- (14) DRAFT 2022 Council Calendar – Executive Committee – November 16, 2021
- Correspondence for Decision
Motions Going Forward to Council
- (54) Motions Going Forward to Council – November
7:30 PMPublic Hearing – Disposal of Uniacke Fire Lands – 654 Highway 1, Mount Uniacke (PID 45136892)
- (45) Public Hearing – Uniacke Fire – 654 Highway 1, Mount Uniacke (PID 45136892)
7:40 PMDemolition Hearing – 91 MacKay Road, Mill Village, PID 45369782
- (44) Demolition Order Hearing – 91 MacKay Road, Mill Village (PID 45369782)
Corporate & Residential Services Committee: Councillor Michael Perry, Vice-Chairperson
- (55) CRS Committee Report to Council – November 2021
Police Advisory Committee: Councillor Rhyno, Chairperson
- (56) PA Committee Report to Council – November 2021
Planning Advisory Committee: Councillor Greene, Chairperson
- (57) PAC Committee Report to Council – November 2021
Parks, Recreation and Culture Committee: Councillor Rhyno, Chairperson
- (47) PRC Committee Report to Council – November
Business from Councillors
Set Date & Time of Next Council Meetings: December 14th, 2021 Regular Meeting of Council (Policy) and December 22nd, 2021 Regular Meeting of Council