Regular Meeting of Council – Dec 21 2022
Regular Meeting of Council — Wednesday, December 21, 2022
(Meeting to be held in Council Chambers, recorded and livestreamed – excluding in-camera items)
7:00 PMCall To Order
Moment of Silent Contemplation
Approval of or Amendments to the Agenda
Approval of the Minutes of November 15, 2022 Regular Meeting of Council (Policy) and November 23, 2022 Regular Meeting of Council
Correspondence for Information
Correspondence for Info
- (71) Happy Holidays card from East Hants sent to other municipal units.
- (70) Email and documents from Christina Lovitt, Provincial Director of Planning clarifying the requirements of the Municipal Government Act and Minimum Planning Requirements Regulations (for planning in the unplanned areas).
- (69) Season’s Greetings from Tim Houston
- (68) Season’s Greetings from the Town of Yarmouth
- (67) Season’s Greetings from the Municipality of the County of Kings
- (62) Season’s Greetings from the Municipality of Pictou County
- (61) Happy Holidays from Mayor McDougall & CBRM!
- (58) Letter to NS Public Works Re: Fish Lake Culvert
- (57) Happy Holidays from Halifax
- (56) Holiday Greetings Town of Lockeport
- (54) Happy Holidays from the Town of Port Hawkesbury
- (53) Happy Holidays from the Municipality of the County of Cumberland
- (45) Season’s Greetings from the County of Annapolis
- (44) Happy Holidays from Mayor Dicks, Council, CAO and staff of the Town of New Glasgow
- (41) Copy of a letter to Christina Lovitt, Provincial Director of Planning regarding from John A. MacDonald, MLA regarding zoning in the unplanned areas, specifically Agricultural zones.
- (17) Response from Department of Agriculture Re: East Hants response to the Agricultural Weed Control Act consultation request.
- (15) Climate Change Plan for Clean Growth – Provincial News Release
- (13) Letter and Certificate of Appreciation from the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) team for supporting the program in 2022.
- (12) The Provincial Hurricane Fiona Cost Reimbursement Program is closing. The last day to apply to the program will be Friday, December 16.
- (11) Public Hearing Notice – Development Agreement, Lakelands (Custom Millwork Atlantic Inc.) – December 21, 2022
- (10) 2022 Commissionaires Nova Scotia Stakeholder Report
- (9) Information on the Basic Income Initiative discussed at the last Atlantic Mayors Congress meeting.
- (8) 2021/2022 Colchester East Hants Library Annual Report
- (7) Meadow View Way Belnan – Disposal of Open Space – December 21, 2022
- (3) Signed letter to NS Department of Public Works regarding Hwy 102 Lantz Noise Barrier Review
- (2) Approval Notice – East Hants Official Community Plan (The amendments change the designation and zone of 236 Highway 214, Elmsdale to Village Core (VC)
- (1) Signed letter to the Department of Agriculture regarding proposed changes to the Agricultural Weed Control Act.
- Correspondence for Info
Correspondence for Decision
Correspondence for Decision
- (60) Seeking Council input on a date selection for the next Council Workshop for the former Elmsdale & Lantz School sites planning.
- (59) Request to Make a Presentation from the East Hants Curling Association. The CAO seeks Council’s direction.
- (5) Letter to Minister John Lohr, Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing Re: Bill 225 (Letter similar to that sent by the Town of Truro).
- Correspondence for Decision
Corporate & Residential Services Committee: Deputy Warden Perry, Chairperson
- (46) Corporate & Residential Services Committee Report
Infrastructure & Operations Committee: Councillor Garden-Cole, Chairperson
- (47) Infrastructure & Operations Committee Report
7:30 PMPublic Hearing – Custom Millwork Atlantic
- (48) Public Hearing Documents – Custom Millwork Atlantic
Committee Reports (Continued)
Parks, Recreation & Culture Committee: Councillor Garden-Cole, Vice Chairperson
- (49) Parks, Recreation & Culture Committee Report
Planning Advisory Committee: Councillor MacPhee, Vice Chairperson
- (50) Planning Advisory Committee Report
Ratification – Lakelands Land Purchase: A. Tapper
- (51) Ratification – Lakelands Land Purchase
Business From Councillors
Set Date & Time of Next Council Meetings: January 17, 2023 Regular Meeting of Council (Policy) and January 25, 2023 Regular Meeting of Council
(In Camera) Three Land Issues: A. Clarkson