To be a Municipal candidate you must be:
- 18 years of age at the time of nomination
- A Canadian citizen
- A resident of The Municipality of East Hants for six months preceding nomination day (by November 22, 2017), and continue to so reside.
- Although not required to reside in the polling district in which you wish to seek election, as long as you meet the residency requirement of six months as of November 22, 2017 in the Municipality of East Hants, you may be considered.
- For additional requirement details and information, refer to the Candidate Guide to the Municipal Special Election 2018 for District 8 and the Candidate Guide to Municipal & School Board Elections 2016 for more information.
- Certificate in Respect to Charges that are Liens/Taxes – Form 3
- Nomination Paper, Council – Form 11
- Removal of Signs and return of voters lists – Form 12
- Withdraw from Nomination – Form 12A
- Appointment of Agent – Form 15
- Appointment of Official Agent – Form 17
- Oath of official Agent – Form 17A
- Candidate’s Contributions Disclosure – Form 40
- Association’s Contributions Disclosure – Form 41
* The full Nomination Package for Candidates is available to download.
- All contributions of $50 or over to a candidate campaigns must be reported on the form provided in the Candidate package.
- Following the Election, contribution forms will be posted on the website.
- Contributions made to municipal candidates are not tax deductible – no tax receipts are issued.
- No anonymous contributions are allowed.
For more information, please contact the election office:
(902) 883-7098 Ext 217