Who repairs street lights?
Street lights that are owned by the Municipality of East Hants are to be reported to the Municipality if they are malfunctioning. You can report a broken or malfunctioning streetlight to the Municipality by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling 1-866-758-2299 x 103.
A streetlight is typically owned by the Municipality if it is located on a wooden NSPI pole, it is a LED (Light Emitting Diode) type fixture, and it is road way facing.
A streetlight is typically privately owned if it is facing away from the roadway toward private property or driveway, or if it is located away from the street/road on private property, or if it is not a LED type fixture.
Privately owned streetlights/security lights that are rented from Nova Scotia Power are to be reported to NSPI when they are malfunctioning. (You can report a broken or malfunctioning street light to NSPI by calling 1-877-428-6004 and selecting option 3 or by filling out an electronic form on their website.)
MUNICIPALITY OF EAST HANTS REPORTING PROCEDURE:
You can report a broken or malfunctioning streetlight to the Municipality by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-866-758-2299 x 103.
Please provide the following information when reporting a malfunctioning streetlight.
DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM
- First & Last name
- Phone Number
- Description of Problem:
- Single fixture out
- Multiple Fixtures out
- Lights within the fixture are out (e.g. one strip of lights on one side of the fixture is lit and the other is out)
- Light flickering / strobe effect
- Light on during the day
- Broken or damaged arm/bracket
- Other (please describe)
LOCATION OF PROBLEM
- Street address
- Nearest Intersection
- Description of where the streetlight is located:
- In front of the address indicated
- Across the road from the address indicated
- Additional descriptive information that may be helpful with details of how the light may be located (e.g. relation to landmarks, or how many poles from an intersection or landmark etc.