Are there any measures we can do to help reduce the spread of COVID-19?
Viewed 350 Times
- Observe social-distancing guidelines (2 meters/6 feet) established by Public Health when a collection driver is on your property.
- Wipe the handles of your garbage cans or green carts with a disinfectant between uses (pre and post collection).
- Follow proper hand-washing guidelines when handling any waste material, garbage cans or green carts.
- It is very important that any material used while sick, like tissues, masks, disinfecting wipes, disposable gloves and bathroom products (i.e. hygiene products, diapers) go in the regular garbage bag and that the bag is securely tied for collection.
- Only place carts or bagged materials out when necessary (if your cart is less than half full, consider waiting for your next scheduled collection).
- Garbage and recyclables must be in bags that are tightly tied for collection.
Was this answer helpful ? Yes (1) / No (0)