(as of 9:15 a.m., June 7, 2021)
Lloyd E. Matheson Centre
As of Monday, June 7, the Municipal office at the Lloyd E. Matheson Centre is open to the public. Many of our services do not require a visit to the office so please call or check online before you come in. Follow all public health guidelines while inside the building including wearing a mask and physical distancing.
Burntcoat Head Park & Fundy Tidal Interpretive Centre
Burntcoat Head Park and the Fundy Tidal Interpretive Centre are open as of Friday, June 4. Check their Facebook and web pages for opening hours and other details. Please follow public health precautions during your visit, including physical distancing and wearing a mask while inside the buildings.
- All essential services including water and wastewater services, road operations, dog control delivered by the SPCA, building inspection, emergency management operations, building maintenance, water and tax bill payments, and solid waste collection continue to operate to support our community.
- Building inspection & permits – Building permit information can be sent to email@example.com (i.e building drawings, elevations, lot grading plans, driveway permits, Nova Scotia Environment permits). Please provide contact information. Plans will be reviewed by Building Officials and then they will be in contact with the applicant regarding fee payment and next steps. All permit applications may take up to one week to process.
- Water and tax bill payments – you may visit our office in person to make payments, but you can also take advantage of other ways to pay your tax and water bills to help limit traffic in our building.
Waste Management Centre & Curbside Collection
The Waste Management Centre remains open. Residents are asked to use their extensive curbside collection services before visiting the Waste Management Centre if at all possible (details here). The only materials not eligible for curbside collection are construction & renovation materials and household hazardous waste.
We have a brand new mobile app to help residents with waste sorting, collection reminders, and more. The app is available for download to any mobile device (cell phone, tablet, etc.). You can also refer to our 2021 Waste Separation Guide for more information.
East Hants Aquatic Centre
The East Hants Aquatic Centre remains closed to the public in accordance with public health restrictions as mandated by the Province of Nova Scotia. We are planning to share our reopening plan in early June.
- Council meetings are currently being held virtually and can be seen via livestream on our website and on our YouTube channel. Click here to see a calendar of upcoming meetings.
- Past meetings of Council that have been held online are available to view on our YouTube channel.