(as of 11:00 am, July 10, 2020)
Visitors to our Facilities
In keeping with public health protocols and recommendations, we ask that visitors entering the inside of any of our Municipal facilities, including service contractors, adhere to the following guidelines:
- Practice social distancing: Stay 2 metres / 6 feet apart from other people as much as possible.
- In areas where social distancing may not be possible, wear a mask or face covering. In our facilities, this includes common areas like lobbies and hallways as many areas do not have the recommended 2 metres/6 feet of space available to socially distance, particularly when we have multiple visitors.
- If you have travelled outside of the Atlantic bubble within the last 14 days, do not enter any of our facilities.
- If you are feeling unwell and have any of the symptoms on the 811 list, please do not enter our facilities. If you are visiting the Lloyd E. Matheson Centre for Health Clinic Services and are feeling unwell, please wear a mask or face covering and notify Clinic reception upon entry.
- Practice frequent handwashing. Sanitizer is also available throughout our facilities for use.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue. Throw the used tissue in the garbage and wash your hands or use an alcohol-based hand rub immediately.
- If you don’t have a tissue, cough and sneeze into your elbow, not your hand.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. If you need to touch your face, wash your hands first.
- Follow informational signage posted in our facilities.
- Building inspection & permits – Building permit information can be sent to email@example.com (i.e building drawings, elevations, lot grading plans, driveway permits, Nova Scotia Environment permits). Please provide contact information. Plans will be reviewed by Building Officials and then they will be in contact with the applicant regarding fee payment and next steps. All permit applications may take up to one week to process.
- Water and tax bill payments
- 2020 Tax Sale – cancelled
- Solid Waste – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curbside Collection continues as scheduled.
- Covid Impacts – Recycling Program
- Where possible we recommend our residents and businesses register online for service reminders and alerts (available by text, email or call). You can sign up for this service at easthants.ca/solid-waste.
- The Waste Management Centre in Georgefield is open to the public.
- Solid Waste Hotline – 1-888-873-3332 for questions related to solid waste, please call and leave a message. We’ll get back to you shortly.
- Annual compost giveaway is cancelled for 2020.
- At this time, all municipal recreation programs and day camps for July are cancelled. A decision on the delivery of August programming will be made soon.
- Burntcoat Head Park – The green space, trails, and ocean floor access are available for visitors while keeping social distancing in mind. The lighthouse and washrooms are open from 10 am to 5 pm daily. Staff will ensure appropriate cleaning and disinfecting measures are followed and will wear masks when social distancing cannot be maintained. Please be aware of tide times and return to the stairs at least 3 hours before high tide.
- Fundy Tidal Interpretive Centre – The trails and the viewing platform at Fundy Tidal Interpretive Centre are open to visitors. The interpretive centre and washrooms are open from 9 am to 4 pm daily. Staff will ensure appropriate cleaning and disinfecting measures are followed and will wear masks when social distancing cannot be maintained. Tidal Bore times for 2020 have been posted, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
- River Parks – Brickyard Park, Wickwire Station Park, Shubie Park, Lewis Lake
The river parks are open and docks have been installed.
- Municipal playgrounds are open.