East Hants’ diverse regions offer businesses superior access to domestic and international markets.
The Corridor Region
Located 30 minutes from the City of Halifax, the Corridor Region is a great place to live and invest. It features a large population and talent base, commercial and light industrial clusters, and a strong business community.
- Population: 14,181 (2020)
- Includes the growing communities of Enfield, Elmsdale, Lantz, Milford, Shubenacadie and Nine Mile River.
- Home to the Elmsdale Business Park and Milford Industrial Park, which feature cost-effective commercial property with excellent transportation access and proximity to the airport.
Corridor opportunities: Food & Beverage, Grocery & Specialty Food, Home Furnishing & Accessories, Transportation and Warehousing, Auto/RV/Motorsport Dealerships, Manufacturing.
Sipekne’katik First Nation
The economies of Sipekne’katik First Nation (Indian Brook) and the Corridor Region of East Hants are closely tied and both communities are experiencing significant growth.
- Population: 1,188 (2020)
- One of 13 First Nations located in Nova Scotia, and has its own Economic Development Corporation.
- Currently undertaking new exciting development projects, including developing the area around Exit 10.
Fundy Shore & Central Region
The Fundy Shore is driven by tides, tourism, and breath taking views, making it Nova Scotia’s heart of adventure and relaxation. Community ties and commitment to supporting local are trademarks of the area.
- Population: 4,357 (2020)
- Bridges the Corridor Region with the Annapolis Valley area of Nova Scotia and features a growing tourism sector.
- Increasing tourist visitation provides an excellent climate for investment opportunities to capitalize on this momentum.
Fundy Shore & Central opportunities: Food & Beverage, Accommodations, Adventure Tourism, Agri-tourism, Clean Energy, Service Stations, Artisan & Craft Production.
Uniacke & Rawdon Region
Uniacke & Rawdon is home to many hiking trails and recreation opportunities along lakes, rivers and through towering forests. It is also a growing destination for commercial investment.
- Population: 4,916 (2020)
- Mount Uniacke is located between Halifax and the Annapolis Valley and is home to East Hants’ fastest growing business park, the Uniacke Business Park.
- Rawdon connects East Hants to Halifax via the Beaver Bank Road (Highway 354) and is an increasingly popular destination for agri-business and residential growth, due to the rural lifestyle the community provides.
Uniacke & Rawdon opportunities: Transportation, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Agri-business, Service Industries.