2022 Polling District Review
Public Meeting and Survey
What kind of Local Government do you want?
The Municipality is required by s. 369 of the Municipal Government Act to conduct a review of its polling districts every 8 years. The current review is taking place this year in preparation for the next Municipal Election in 2024.
- The first phase of the review is to determine if the current 11 Council districts are still the appropriate number.
- The second part of the review will look at the proposed districts to make sure that there are about the same number of voters in each district. The target is for districts to be within +/-10% of each other.
Prior to making decisions regarding the appropriate number of polling districts and their boundaries, we would like to hear from you in person or online as follows:
- Monday, May 16, 7 p.m. – Kennetcook Fire Hall, 32 Martin Walsh Road, Kennetcook
- Tuesday, May 17, 7 p.m. – Room 168, Lloyd E. Matheson Centre, 15 Commerce Court, Elmsdale
- Wednesday, May 18, 7 p.m. – Uniacke Fire Hall, 654 Highway 1, Mount Uniacke
At the meetings, staff will provide background information on the review and provide the opportunity for questions and feedback on the size of council.
Have your say by taking part in our Online Survey