Finance & Administration
The Finance & Administration Department of the Municipality of East Hants is responsible for the functions of taxation, water utility accounting, cash management and treasury management.
For taxation information, visit our Finance & Tax Information page.
Visit the Public Works page for details on Water Operations and Wastewater Operations.
Please visit our Contacts & Directory page for contact numbers.
- Financial Report March 31, 2013
- 2012 - 2013 Treasurer's Report
- 2013/2014 Operating Budget
- 2013/2014 Department Business Plans
- Capital Budget 2013-2018
- Financial information for Tax Payers
- Taxation Information
- Water Utility Inquiries
As a resident of East Hants and a member of staff here for over thirteen years I would like to share a little bit about the Finance & Administration Department at East Hants and what we do. We have a few simple goals:
- to provide service in a timely and effective manner;
- to be and to be seen to be, financially responsible and accountable; and,
- to be responsive to our customers' needs.
The Finance & Administration Department is responsible for providing services to the public, such as:
- reception services;
- general billing and accounts receivable;
- tax and water account billing and administration (including collections); and,
- administration of the Municipal Tax Assistance program.
Internally, the department provides support to the organization through the provision of:
- payroll services;
- the accounts payable function;
- treasury management;
- organizational budgeting;
- accounting and reporting for the Municipality (both internally and to various other levels of government);
- policy development (primarily accounting, finance and procurement);
- bookkeeping to five volunteer fire departments (at no charge); and,
- support services to other departments in the form of budgeting advice, financial analysis, bylaw/policy development and strategic planning.
There are several documents produced by the Finance & Administration Department on an annual basis that are posted to the website, these include the Audited Financial Statements, the Treasurer’s Report, the annual Operating Budget, the five year Capital Budget and the annual tax bill insert (which includes information on the rate setting process and a review of the prior fiscal year). We hope these documents provide you, the reader, with valuable information about the Finance & Administration Department and the operations of the Municipality of East Hants.
Finance & Administration staff are committed to providing residents and visitors with an outstanding customer experience. Please feel free to email, call or drop in anytime if you require assistance with matters relating to any of the above services. We look forward to serving you!
Kim Ramsay CMA
Director of Finance & Administration
Kim Ramsay - Director of Finance & Administration
Vacant - Manager of Finance
Brian Enfield - Collection Officer
Carla Isenor - Utility/Accounts Receivable Clerk
Debbie MacDonald - Payroll/Payables Administrator
Erika Sheehy - Finance Administrator
Janice Taylor - Accountant & Budget Analyst
Margaret Lambe - Tax Administrator
Sue Surrette - Manager of Accounting